We are glad you made it here.
We are Africa’s favourite platform for young, budding and talented new generation African writers.
As a brand we seek to use all our online platforms to showcase the best of the new voices.
This means, if you are a new generation African writer or you consider yourself to be a budding African writer you most definitely qualify for showcase to our large and fast growing community.
Here’s the process:
1. For Social Media please tag us (@africanwriters on instagram and @writegrowbecome on twitter and Facebook) to your works, mention us in the comments and use the hashtag #africanwritersfeature This ensures that we see your post in the pool of entries as using only one of the steps above might limit our chances of seeing it.
2. For our website please send two of your best unpublished pieces to the email “firstname.lastname@example.org” with the subject website submission. Please include a brief bio about you and a recent photograph of yourself.
1. Your work remains your own and you will be duly credited. However, in the case of repost on another platform please credit The African Writers as the original publisher. (For Website Posts)
2. Please edit your works as pieces with too many grammatical errors will not be published.
3. Please send in only your original work and all works must have titles.
4. All genres are allowed. This includes but not limited to poems, stories, articles, thoughts, tips, opinions, series, spoken word videos, book reviews, ebooks, articles and any piece of writing that you think our audience would love.
5. Eligible submissions will be posted between 5-15 days of emailing and 2-7 days of tags on social media.
We can’t wait for the world to see what you have to offer!
We await your submission!
Faith Moyosore Agboola,
CEO & Chief Editor